Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lentil Salad with Tomato and Dill

I love lentils, so while I was looking for a low cal recipe I remembered the recipe that is easy to prepare, tasty and filling at my other blog. It's called Lentil Salad with Tomato and Dill. Follow the link and you can find my suggestions for changes too:)

This recipe is for 4 servings:
Per serving:
Calories: 200
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 16 g
Protein: 5.5 g

Keep in mind that you can bring the calories down by using less olive oil. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup which is about 470 calories for the total recipe.

If you add 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese add 400 calories. So if you add 1/4 of it to each serving you are adding 100 calories to the dish.

If you add a cucumber, you are adding additional 25 calories. 1 cup of shredded butter lettuce is less than 10 calories:) At last, something that doesn't add too many calories. And what is good about lettuce is that it takes a long time for the stomach to digest it, so it keeps it busy and you will feel hungry much later. So I add lettuce to my salads as often as I can.

Enjoy:)

No comments:

Search Box

 
Mr. Rebates