Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fresh Tomato and Corn Salsa

Here is another wonderful salsa that you can serve as a side dish with anything. I like it because it uses corn and I like having corn for the sweetness. The recipe uses fresh corn, but if I don't have it handy I just use canned or frozen. And as usual I skip the heat:)

I sometimes add a clove of garlic, crushed depending on what I'm serving this with. Feel free to try and see if you like it.


FRESH TOMATO AND CORN SALSA

Ingredients:

1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
1 1/4 cups chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions:
Steam corn, covered, 2 minutes, and cool. Combine corn and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.

Note: The salsa can be made a day in advance. Cover and chill.

Makes 2 cups
Per serving: (serving size: 1/2 cup)

Calories: 50
Fat: 1,5 g
Carbs: 9 g
Protein: 1,5 g

No comments:

Search Box

 
Mr. Rebates